Mar 29, 2005

of blog till feeling groggy

I was blogging early early this morning when I felt groggy. Eyes felt like popping out! All because of this: Earthquake, measuring 8.7, hits Northern Sumatra.

Well, I didn't react much after feeling the tremors. My only thoughts were "Fwah kaoz! I've been surfing too long. What has blogging done to my head!". I didn't bothered also partially because my considerate neighbours staying upstairs had decided to use KungFu Hustler to test their home entertainment system...in the middle of the night!...at 11.30pm! All the cling clang cling clang kaboom bang had already made my windows vibrate.

But half an hour later, I went to USGS' website to check if anything had happened. Apparently, nothing was reported at that moment. Then I decided, enough of surfing for the day. Then I went off to bed.

This was the first time I experience tremors from an earthquake. This morning, some expert over the radio said that this tsunami is likely to be a non-destructive one. 8.7 is big! Let's just hope nothing severe has resulted in the shake-up in Indonesia.

Updates: What others are blogging
- Tremors felt in Punggol… by Faith-T
- Newsflash! Tremors felt in Punggol! by mr brown
- Another Earthquake Hits Northern Sumatra by Cowboy Caleb
- god bless by orgasmic hamsters
- oh no, not again by aGentX
- Breaking news by Mr Miyagi

Updates: What others are blogging part 2
- SHAKEN AND STIRRED by Pok Ku
- Aftershock by TV Smith
- 8.7 earthquake near Medan: by Jeff Ooi
- earthquake again?: by Lucia
- Shiver me timbers... by Ah 9
- Earthquake at Indonesia by Jim
- Earthquake! by Mandrake
- IZ has a few posts on the quake

Quake: 'Bloggers are morons' by Jeff Jarvis. At least not according to Instapundit.

7 comments:

  1. i am lucky not to feel anything as we are in the boring western part of singapore.

    they are already casualties, the Indonesian VP said it may reach 2000 :(

    let's hope that is the worst case scenario estimate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. buzzmachine said those bloggers are morons...i juz think they are passionate bout blogging...

    "DIE DIE MUST BLOG!"


    so pass~sion~

    ReplyDelete
  3. for the record, I didn't blog LIVE ... I may be a tad harebrained at times with a dash of vacuous, but when the floor does a shimmy and my bed does an impression of a scene from The Exorcist... I. AM. Outta. There!!

    all "blogging" done through mb who is now designated as my un(?)Official Reporting Station since I just did my calculations and decided that I have no money to buy a new fangled Camera Phone with email capabilities.

    So no mobloging for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Opulently I acquiesce in but I think the brief should acquire more info then it has.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I agree but I dream the post should secure more info then it has.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was certainly interesting for me to read the post. Thank you for it. I like such topics and anything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more soon.

    Kate Benedict

    ReplyDelete

Alexa What's Hot, Arbroath, AsiaOne, Bits and Pieces, Blemish, Bump Shack, Buzzfeed, ChannelNewsAsia, City Rag, CodeWolf, Co-ed, Delicious (Popular), Digg (Popular), Drunken Stepfather, Egotastic, Electric New Paper, Extremefuse, Friend or Follow, Gossip Galore, Gutter Post, Google Trends, Hardware Zone, Hollywood Tuna, iFensi, LiveLeak, lowyat, Media Takeout, Mixx, MyCarForum, Pop Sugar, Reddit, Sammyboy, Shanghaiist, Spcnet, Straits Times, Taxi Driver, Technorati (Popular), The Dirty, The YNC, The Superficial, Today, VR Forums, VNC, X17, YouTube, blogcatalog, blogged.my, bloggersg, bloglines, blogshares, gaia, sgblog, SgBlogs.com, singapore blogs, tomorrow.sg, feedburner, ping.sg, pingoat, sara, wasalive

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
lancerlord © 2016 | Distributed By Blogger Template | Designed By Blogger Templates
Scroll To Top