May 2, 2005

of taking a ride in a cab

I took a cab this morning and I encountered this cabbie. Don't know to call him wierd or cool. As I entered the cab, he was wearing these huge black sunglasses just like the ones Mark Gor(Chow Yun Fatt) wore in A Better Tomorrow. Upon closing the door, he told me, in his soft and gentle voice, to put on my seat belt. Well that's required by the law. So I happily put on the seatbelt.

A few minutes into the journey, the cabbie started to play Gospel music. So here we have a cool and holy cabbie. Then I noticed that his Nokia 6680 has a cross dangling to it. OK, so not only is he cool and holy. He's also a hip cabbie.

But what scares me was his driving. I think he pays double the Road Tax compared to other taxi drivers. He didn't keep to his lane but he straddled in between 2 lanes! Imagine a taxi, occupying 2 lanes for parts along AYE. Now and then I could hear cars at the rear and by the sides honking at the cab. They would drive past and stare at the cabbie. Some drivers that drove past showed "What the coo-coo is going on?" face. Some showed angry faces. One even showed some finger at the cabbie. But the cool and calm cabbie just waved and gestured at them. Cool and relax.

But what's not cool was that he 'forced' his way in front of cars. And when he got honked, he would gladly bring out his left hand and waved to the cars behind as a gesture of apology. Scared the shit out of me!

Playing Gospel music was like sending me to my grave. Now I know why he instructed me to wear my seat belt.

This was one of my many interesting experiences with cabbies. I'm sure many of us have encounters(good or bad) with cabbies.

6 comments:

  1. Yo! It's so funny that I check my blog earlier and there is a message from lancerlord in reference to the mysterious
    stairway in my mirror but the cabbie thing really got me because I am a cabbie and from that perspective I can only begin to laugh in relation to your experience. Maybe someday you will be fortunate enough to take a ride in blu's cab. Hey buddy thanks for stopping by and I'll check ya' later, maybe I'll pull out some cab stories of my own, later...
    blu~

    ReplyDelete
  2. woah! that cab driver is kinda weird..

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, funny reasoning... gospel music to send you to your grave... I'm quite afraid of taxi-drivers in Spore. Most of them think they are formula one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. blu: Hey poet. I think I can visualise your mysterious stairway now.

    fat fingers: Ya. I was hoping he didn't point a gun at me.

    anna: They are always rushin here and there to fetch as many passengers as possible. But some F1 cabbies drive safely while some are not.

    jkaiser: Drive like him, wait lang gar, then can see 'Holy' smoke lor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got a gun and a knife cabbie story too, hahahehehooohohoo, later...
    blu~

    ReplyDelete
  6. blu, I'll be looking out for that post. eheheheheh....

    ReplyDelete

Alexa What's Hot, Arbroath, AsiaOne, Bits and Pieces, Blemish, Bump Shack, Buzzfeed, ChannelNewsAsia, City Rag, CodeWolf, Co-ed, Delicious (Popular), Digg (Popular), Drunken Stepfather, Egotastic, Electric New Paper, Extremefuse, Friend or Follow, Gossip Galore, Gutter Post, Google Trends, Hardware Zone, Hollywood Tuna, iFensi, LiveLeak, lowyat, Media Takeout, Mixx, MyCarForum, Pop Sugar, Reddit, Sammyboy, Shanghaiist, Spcnet, Straits Times, Taxi Driver, Technorati (Popular), The Dirty, The YNC, The Superficial, Today, VR Forums, VNC, X17, YouTube, blogcatalog, blogged.my, bloggersg, bloglines, blogshares, gaia, sgblog, SgBlogs.com, singapore blogs, tomorrow.sg, feedburner, ping.sg, pingoat, sara, wasalive

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
lancerlord © 2016 | Distributed By Blogger Template | Designed By Blogger Templates
Scroll To Top