Jul 9, 2006

of goodbye notebook, hello notebook

After serving me for 4 years, my notebook finally failed. I could feel that it would breakdown but it came too soon. First the battery went dead 2 years back. Then the fan stopped working last year. Now the power supply decided to go on strike.

I just got a new notebook today. Price was a big constrain for me so I opted for a 'budget' notebook.

The first thing I did was to try to test the internet connection. I could not get the notebook to connect to the internet and so I spent a few hours troubleshooting it. I should have read the manual first. I forgot to press the Wireless button to activate the Wireless connection.

Now I'll have to spent time to pack the notebook with my essential software. Then I'll have to think of a way to transfer data out from my 'dead' notebook.

7 comments:

  1. OMG!

    Is that a white laptop which you got?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! Budget? That's the Compaq white laptop that many of my friends (including me) wanted lor.

    I mean... It's really very sexy. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Offer you a suggestion which I never tried myself. Assuming that the hard disk in the dead notebook is still working, take it out and get a casing for it. Now you have a new external hard disk and also recover your old files.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you buy me a "budget" laptop toooooo.. pretty pls.. :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. kelly chan: Ya. It only comes in white. No choice. I can 'photoshop' to make it black finish if you want. kekeke...

    jasper chen: Budget lor. Price is reasonable compared spec to spec with other models.

    jayaxe. Heh heh thanks thanks. Done already. I dug out my faulty portable hdd and made use of the casing.

    jaschocolate: Wah lau eh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11 July, 2006

    zhen cong ming!

    Lol, not many people will dare to let others know about troubleshooting the wireless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. corrine: I got nothing to blog about, that's why. kekeke...

    ReplyDelete

Alexa What's Hot, Arbroath, AsiaOne, Bits and Pieces, Blemish, Bump Shack, Buzzfeed, ChannelNewsAsia, City Rag, CodeWolf, Co-ed, Delicious (Popular), Digg (Popular), Drunken Stepfather, Egotastic, Electric New Paper, Extremefuse, Friend or Follow, Gossip Galore, Gutter Post, Google Trends, Hardware Zone, Hollywood Tuna, iFensi, LiveLeak, lowyat, Media Takeout, Mixx, MyCarForum, Pop Sugar, Reddit, Sammyboy, Shanghaiist, Spcnet, Straits Times, Taxi Driver, Technorati (Popular), The Dirty, The YNC, The Superficial, Today, VR Forums, VNC, X17, YouTube, blogcatalog, blogged.my, bloggersg, bloglines, blogshares, gaia, sgblog, SgBlogs.com, singapore blogs, tomorrow.sg, feedburner, ping.sg, pingoat, sara, wasalive

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
lancerlord © 2016 | Distributed By Blogger Template | Designed By Blogger Templates
Scroll To Top