Feb 23, 2013

of laura yee invited wheelchair-bound uncle to be her dinner date

Laura Yee did a good thing. She invited Uncle Chia to dinner.

So… this morning on the way to work I asked a guy out for dinner tonight. He declined, pointing at the stump where his right leg would have been, (in mandarin) “No, no, ppl will stare at me. It’s too inconvenient.” “Haiyah, don’t worry! We can stare back at them!” haha. Oh well, I try! :P

But in the end he said yes! He agreed to meet me outside the MRT infront of McDonald’s at 7pm.

There wasn’t anything very urgent at work today, so I left a lil earlier :) Reached Tiong Bahru MRT at about 6.15 and there he was! Waiting for me! Okla, not really waiting for me, but he was there on his wheelchair going about his daily trade, selling tissues.

“Hello Chia yeh yeh!” “Mei you’re early! See, I’m wearing a new shirt just for you!” Hehe. Am glad that he was just as excited ;) So off we went to HK Café and I must say, I had a really really good time.
Read the rest of Laura's post.

Read more (WOMAN ASKS WHEELCHAIR-BOUND TISSUE UNCLE TO BE HER DINNER DATE AT TIONG BAHRU)

1 comment:

  1. I've listened to this a dozen or more times and still find it delightful and sooooo original in concept. Office goers and people who are travelling often do not get time to read news from the newspaper or watch it to get good information they could subscribe for sports SMS alerts. All kinds of sports news today are offered live through the television.

    Also visit my page; www.gozzipp.com

    ReplyDelete

Alexa What's Hot, Arbroath, AsiaOne, Bits and Pieces, Blemish, Bump Shack, Buzzfeed, ChannelNewsAsia, City Rag, CodeWolf, Co-ed, Delicious (Popular), Digg (Popular), Drunken Stepfather, Egotastic, Electric New Paper, Extremefuse, Friend or Follow, Gossip Galore, Gutter Post, Google Trends, Hardware Zone, Hollywood Tuna, iFensi, LiveLeak, lowyat, Media Takeout, Mixx, MyCarForum, Pop Sugar, Reddit, Sammyboy, Shanghaiist, Spcnet, Straits Times, Taxi Driver, Technorati (Popular), The Dirty, The YNC, The Superficial, Today, VR Forums, VNC, X17, YouTube, blogcatalog, blogged.my, bloggersg, bloglines, blogshares, gaia, sgblog, SgBlogs.com, singapore blogs, tomorrow.sg, feedburner, ping.sg, pingoat, sara, wasalive

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
lancerlord © 2016 | Distributed By Blogger Template | Designed By Blogger Templates
Scroll To Top