Sep 9, 2013

of haagen dazs turn away blind lady because of her guide dog!

Psychotherapist Cassandra Chiu shared what she encountered when she brought Esme, her guide dog, into Haagen Dazs Holland Village.

esme
Mama: Yes, as I was telling both your staff, I am blind and this is my guide dog. Please take a look at this legislation from NEA excluding guide dogs from the no pets policy to the Public Environmental Health Act. This is also a card with MSF's support allowing guide dogs into all public places.
Male Manager : No pets, mdm.
Mama: Are you saying you would not allow my guide dog and I to sit inside Haagen Dazs?
Male Manager: No mdm, not you, just the dog.
Mama: What about the white canes of my friends, do they need to be parked outside as well?
Male Manager: Mdm, my company policy is no pets. Please understand.
Mama: As I have said before, this is not a pet! it is a working dog for a blind person.
Male Manager: Mdm, my company policy is no pets. Please understand.
Mama: All right. In that case, I am happy to take my business elsewhere.
**Mama standing outside the store facebooking about the rejection.
Male Manager **stepping outside the store: Mdm, I never say cannot, you never gave me a chance to read the paper.
Mama: I showed it both to you and the lady manager, and I have been holding it in my hands all the 10 minutes in the store. Why are you only concern now that I am facebooking?
Male Manager: But it's Sunday and my head office is closed!
Mama: It's all right, because on Sundays blind people also don't need to eat ice-cream. We'll go elsewhere.

*Disclaimer:
These are some musings of a very clever 4 legged being, and by no means am I questioning the good intentions of any entities or the happenings mentioned in this journal entry.
Read the full story here: Continuation to the Diary Of A Guide Dog by Esme the Guide Dog

esme the guide dog

Haagen Dazs Turn Away Blind Lady Because of Her Guide Dog!

Life with Esme, the guide dog

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Alexa What's Hot, Arbroath, AsiaOne, Bits and Pieces, Blemish, Bump Shack, Buzzfeed, ChannelNewsAsia, City Rag, CodeWolf, Co-ed, Delicious (Popular), Digg (Popular), Drunken Stepfather, Egotastic, Electric New Paper, Extremefuse, Friend or Follow, Gossip Galore, Gutter Post, Google Trends, Hardware Zone, Hollywood Tuna, iFensi, LiveLeak, lowyat, Media Takeout, Mixx, MyCarForum, Pop Sugar, Reddit, Sammyboy, Shanghaiist, Spcnet, Straits Times, Taxi Driver, Technorati (Popular), The Dirty, The YNC, The Superficial, Today, VR Forums, VNC, X17, YouTube, blogcatalog, blogged.my, bloggersg, bloglines, blogshares, gaia, sgblog, SgBlogs.com, singapore blogs, tomorrow.sg, feedburner, ping.sg, pingoat, sara, wasalive

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
lancerlord © 2016 | Distributed By Blogger Template | Designed By Blogger Templates
Scroll To Top